group name

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
wayne
Embryo
Embryo

group name

Post by wayne »

Can anybody out there tell me the name of the group that the recording engineer on the dark side of the moon went on to form :?:
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

The Alan Parsons Project
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

The Alan Parsons Project was the name of the band he formed. Ive never heard any of his stuff so i cant recommend it :lol:
wayne
Embryo
Embryo

Post by wayne »

thanks the real pink and 1000 miles :)
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

no problem
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Hmm, well I've heard a song called 'Eye In The Sky' (I think) and it sounded a tad boring... But then, I find pretty much every song boring on the first listen... Hmph. Not too keen on the album covers. Storm did some, but they're a bit... well, sub-Storm... Hmm... :?
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

For awile "Breakdown" was one of my favorite classic rock tunes, it's the only one of the AP Proj. that gets any radio play by me. I haven't heard anything else by him/them.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Being a bit of a PF anorak during the 70's (my wife says I still am) I picked up most of the APP albums. His first album "Tails of mystery and imagination" was not that bad, he then released "I robot" and "Pyramid" which were both very good and my favourites. Next up was "eve" which was a bit sloppy. He then got good again with "Turn of a friendly card" and "Vulture culture", followed by "Eye in the sky". It all went pair shaped with "Gauldi" which IMO is not that good. I have not got any of his stuff after that and I can't even remember if he has released anything since then.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

drafsack wrote:Being a bit of a PF anorak during the 70's (my wife says I still am) I picked up most of the APP albums. His first album "Tails of mystery and imagination" was not that bad, he then released "I robot" and "Pyramid" which were both very good and my favourites. Next up was "eve" which was a bit sloppy. He then got good again with "Turn of a friendly card" and "Vulture culture", followed by "Eye in the sky". It all went pair shaped with "Gauldi" which IMO is not that good. I have not got any of his stuff after that and I can't even remember if he has released anything since then.
yeah, in my opinion everything after and including Gaudi kinda sucked. The music became increasingly sterile and grating. I think both Tales of mystery and imagination and I robot are good records. The latter being quite Floydy to my ears. I've just remembered there was a live album released a few years back - which is interesting because on the sleeve notes of 'Tales' it says the band 'doesn't do gigs'. anyhow, I've always meant to give that a listen for old times sake. Has anyone else listened to it? is it any good?

I probably sound quite old - I'm actually only 26.