Album

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
airlad
Embryo
Embryo

Album

Post by airlad »

Hi people.

Just a thougt but does anyone know if Rick is planning another album? His other two weren't stunningly brilliant but they were enjoyable to listen too. Well Broken China can't really be described as enjoyable due to its subject matter, more kind of depressing really but in a good way?

Anyway back to the point. I would like to know if any of you out there have heard anything about a possible new album. Or you could share you views on the previous two.
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Post by FloydNZ »

Despite the subject matter of Broken China I think it is a brilliant album, if a little 'heavy going'. I particularly like the songs Along The Shoreline and Breakthrough. Although I'm not really a fan of Sinead O'Conner, her voice was very well suited to the female parts on the album.

I really enjoy Wet Dream too, by contrast to Broken China it is an easy album to listen to. With some great guitar and sax work from Snowy White and Mel Collins respectivley.

There were rumours a while back that Rick Wright was back in the studio working on a solo project....but as with all Floyd related projects, we will have to be patient :roll:
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I thought I heard somewhere that Nick and Rick were building a new studio in England (Brittania Row II) and that rick's new solo would be recorded there. I hope this is true because I enjoyed both wet dreams and broken china. I think his contributions to Floyd are grossly under appreciated.
Benedictusdespinoza

Post by Benedictusdespinoza »

They upgraded Brittania Row II