David Gilmour In Concert (DVD)
67%

Total votes: 18

Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Which Do You Prefer? (DVD Question)

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

This poll does NOT violate any of NPF's rules.

I am simply interested in which DVD is more popular.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Long as it stays on preference and not aimless slagging then fine (e.g Dave ruined a song he didn't even write.)

I haven't seen either, although i've seen part of Dave's dvd and heard the cd of Rogers. I would normally vote Rogers 'cause it had more variation, but i'm going with Dave's 'cause his version of shine on was something truely special.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

waters is technically better, where Daves is more loose and personable, So I'd vote Dave's.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

I haven't seen Roger's, but Dave's is awsome. I'll get Roger's soon, then i'll vote.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

They are hard to compare from the point of view that,David's is a stripped down accoustic show,and Roger's was a proper tour concert,so is full blown.But just for Shine On alone David gets my vote!!!!!!

Yeah,i forgot,you get smile,which i think is wonderful,plus i went to David's show,so,it means a bit more
Last edited by qjamesfloyd on Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
wgmw
Axe
Axe

Post by wgmw »

Yea that version of Shine On from Dave's DVD is amazing. I was'nt expecting that when I pushed play but none the less, its an awesome rendition. I have Rogers also, it's good because it gives you the concert feel as opposed to Dave's beeing a little more intimate. Plus we get a new song Smile on Daves DVD. So I voted for dave.
Big Kelv
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Big Kelv »

Dave.

Just for Hushabye Mountain (Better than Dick Van Dyke's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Classic).

:oops:

Has the forum software censored my legitimate reference to Richard?
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I prefer Dave's DVD. You can tell that alot of work went into the re-arraging the songs a bit and his musicianship really comes through.
jizhomer
Blade
Blade

Post by jizhomer »

I think Dave's just pips it for me!

I like the mellowness of the whole affair, nice atmosphere.

In Rog's favour though, he's got a damn good guitarist with him. I'd never heard of Doyle Bramhall II until ITF. I'm beginning to find his (and Snowy White's) variations on the Floyd solo's...great. :shock: I love comfy numb on ITF but then I hear Dave doing it on DGIC....aaahhh....perfect.

Yep, Dave gets my vote!
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

which one's pink?

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

I didn't vote because it was too hard a question....David's Shine on was simply wonderful, along with WYWH and a very nice comfortably numb.
Roger has got some wonderful life performances on his dvd as well.... Dogs is brilliant, In the Flesh is fantastic, and he even has some really good solo performances in there including It's a miracle, perfect sense parts 1 & 2, Bravery of being out of range and Amused to Death.
Roger's DVD is sentimental to me as i went to Glastonbury 02 just for him...and it was wonderful to see the "In the Flesh" tour live.
How can i choose...both of them great musicians, still able to perform great....just a shame that we can't get the two of them in a room together and tell them to kiss and make up.
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Re: which one's pink?

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Comfortably_Floyd wrote:I didn't vote because it was too hard a question....
Right on, ditto.
kipnow
Axe
Axe

Post by kipnow »

I voted ITF, but I would have preferred another setlist. I don't have to hear dsotm every time.
It is now almost like 'Pink Floyd'; a band trying to sound like they're Pink Floyd. I like the live versions of Waters' previous tours better, most of the time; the guitarists were too restricted this tour. And why not a sax solo on breath, no sax on welcome to the machine, why no guitarsolo on eclipse? I thought this was great on his previous tours. Not just playing the studioversions live, but just playing the music.
I think Gilmour kills comfortably numb live, on dsot, on pulse and now again. But having said that, I like the Berlin 90 version best, so why take my opion serious, right?
And the second part of shine on is just horrible. Guess I am not a Pink Floyd fan after all :)