A letter from myself..

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
NewEarthMud

A letter from myself..

Post by NewEarthMud »

I have felt for a while that a few of you have thought I was RPITI. I've been accused of being RPITI by Sandy at PinkFloyd-Co.com. This is quite absurd since I live in KY and he lives in Canada.

I've now found out that even Keith and for sure David Smith feels that I am probably RPITI.

So I'm gonna withdraw from the board for now. I'm obviously not comfortable being around people who think I'm not who I say I am. Some of you either need to quit smoking pot cold turkey, or get some better pot to smoke... the paranoia runs wild among some Floyd fans.. I guess that is the case with some here.

So this may be my last post or maybe I will post from time to time. I'm for sure going to step away from this place for a while. This was once a forum that I truly found quite comfortable and easy going. It has suddenly and sadly developed the same ways of other boards that I find repugnant...except maybe not as bad as the others.

Keith, keep up the good work you do. Maybe you don't think I am RPITI, but the questioning session we had via pm's not too long ago about my IP address wasn't very casual.

I'm sorry if you think I am RPITI.

David Smith, if YOU think I'm RPITI I'm certainly disappointed since you and I had a lot of interesting conversations on here and have some common interests. Some VERY interesting conversations regarding Dylan.. which is another reason why you shouldn't think I'm RPITI. RPITI isn't a huge Dylan fan.. and he has never gotten into the Black Crowes who I am a mega fan of.

Ah well...

Nice meeting some of you, perhaps we'll meet again.. don't know when.. don't know where.
Last edited by NewEarthMud on Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

Hey man, don't go! Just give it awhile and things will blow over.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I dunno where you heard that but when i said it i was joking 'cause you and him tended to agree a lot.

In fact, when i reffered to that it was in a pm to someone else as a joke 'cause of something you said. I dunno how rumours like that come about but i'd be pretty sure you aren't seeing as you did join like a year after and you explained that you spoke to him.

But yeah, we had some very good conversations on the forum, i even bought some Dylan stuff purely 'cause you advised it. Would i do that if i thought you were living a lie? No, i did it cause not only did i think you're a sound guy but because i trusted you, and would i trust you if i thought you were 2 people on the forum? No i wouldn't. I even got a balck croews cd cause you said they were a bloody brilliant band so remember that before you decide you think i'm a bit of a git.

And i do apologise for the joke, it was during the time i was getting people for the trial recreation and i wasn't best pleased at RPITI, the joke was actually meant as a complaint against him (which i now apologise for, but i thought he was one of the "i like Keith but i hate David" crowd.)

I reckon this has been brought out of hand, no i know you're not him and
if you were i actually would be very surprised.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

NEM: Just the fact that you posted this indicates that your intentions are true and that you are trying to do the right thing. I never thought you were RPITI, it never crossed my mind. Hope you change yours. As far as I am concerned (for what that is worth) you are more than welcome here. I hate seeing people go. Keep posting, man! :D
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

You should stay, i enjoyed reading your posts very much, even if i did insult you that one time, i still like you, you need to stay to keep this place in balance
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Well it's nice to have read some of your comments. Very thoughtful, they are appreciated.

David, no hard feelings my friend. I just heard that and was shocked.. Now that everything is cleared up and I know you don't think that I am indeed RPITI, everything is cool.

However, other things that have happened recently have troubled me. This place is still very cool and comfortable but recently things have went down that I simply do not approve of.

First of all RPITI was banned because of his "hatred of David Gilmour" supposedly.. which is basically saying he got banned because of his "opinions". Now this is Keith's board.. I understand that. We don't pay for this, Keith does. He can do what he wants to, when he wants to, how he wants to do it. But banning RPITI for his "opinions" on David Gilmour is nothing compared to letting a thread stay up of someone accusing Tony Blair & George W Bush of being satanist. This offends me so very much. I respect these two men very much, not because of their opinions, but because they are two leaders of the free world! I respect my President.. no matter who is in office or what I think of him.. I respect him. Saying Tony Blair & George W Bush are Satan is just atrocious.

So RPITI was banned and edited for his opinions on other sites and post Waters Floyd.. this seems minute compared to someone saying Dubya and Blair are satanists. This person was not edited, banned, or warned although I made it clear I was offended by the post.

So, again, I won't be posting here for some time.. I may not ever post here again, too soon to say.

But I've appreciated most of the grand discussions we've all had. This has been a great forum. I may come back occasionally to check PM's so I guess if you want to talk to me you can PM me every now and again.

And David I'm still gonna send that Crowes show your way. :wink:

take care everybody
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Thank you, i saw a cd in my local shop, Black Crowes doing a concert with Jimmy Page, only a tenner and a double album so i reckon i might get it to.

Glad that's cleared up.

As far as world leaders go i don't know what our policies are, but i don't think that violates any of our current rules. If that thread offends you then i think it will be taken down, although i don't think NPF has any policies on that yet aside from don't bash countries. Nobody has slagged America yet afterall.

Oh, you heard Frank Zappa's song Flakes? Brilliant, they got a great bit where he does the PERFECT Bob Dylan impression complete with harmonicas and everything.

And yeah glad that's cleared up
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

See you around NEM. :)
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

David Smith wrote:
Oh, you heard Frank Zappa's song Flakes? Brilliant, they got a great bit where he does the PERFECT Bob Dylan impression complete with harmonicas and everything.
Hey, I didn't know you liked Zappa. Nice!!!
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Don't like him to much, got a number of his albums, he was a hugely talented bloke though. 4 albums in 1979? amazing.

I feel he's a great musician and some of his works (like Joes garage) ae highly competent pieces that you just go back to time and time again, and hot rats was just brilliant.

However, the reason i couldn't call myself a true zappa fan is this: His lyrics have almost no depth to them atall and are almost always just jokes. His vocals are also poor an really take away from his skills as what's best described as a rock composer. be he part of a duet then i would think he's truely amazing, but because he's on his own and ruins his skills with such 2 dimensional songs lyrically and such an awful voice i can't claim to be a huge fan.

Still a talented guy though. Very talented.

The mothers on invention during the 60s were a bit weak to. In it for the money is a double cd whcih ha like 5 songs on it, the rest are just intermissions and stuff or starts of songs, basically just a mess. IMO.
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

I understand about the no depth in lyrics...however, that's the thing...it was SOCIAL satire, which is what made it brilliant!!

I highly recommend finding and reading "The Real Frank Zappa Book". The guy was a genius, to be sure.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

May have been social sattire but so were The Smiths and they did music with a lot of depth to it. IMO artists shouldn't lose the music behind the meaning (like Radio Kaos did) and should more make the meaning and the music mix (like DSOTM did.)

My brother likes Franka Zappa more than i do (he loves him) so i reckon i could convince him to get the book.
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

That was kind of a silly to thing to say, I think. Lose the music behind the meaning? Huh? Have you REALLY ever listened to Zappa? ;)
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Yeah, i was listening to an album yesterday (Joes Garage) and the thing was the music just didn't seem as good cause you had Franks shotuing out about being "the scrutiniser" (everyone should hear the way he pronounces the word, a great joke which i can't print here.)

Like i said, i feel he's a fgreat msuician, but no form of social commetry should reach someone shouting a bit over some music and then being overly protescious as he gives an annoying speech about cocaine.

For that reason "shut up and play your guitar" was my favourite Zappa album.