'Ca Ira' tracks now available

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
mike the swede
Blade
Blade

'Ca Ira' tracks now available

Post by mike the swede »

'Ca Ira' tracks now available on http://www.roger-waters.com/
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Holy Shit! :shock: Sounds Great!
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

its streaming audio?
I wonder if theyre the same if what will be on the album
or if these are unique remixes that I need to find a way to record
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

J Ed wrote:its streaming audio?
Don't know if you've tried this but make sure there is a check mark in the mixer section of the volume properties and open up a recording program such as sound forge or cakewalk.....you should be able to record internally....it's worked for me...then just save file as wave or whatever....
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I'll experiment when I get home tonight
I think I'll have to download one of these programs to do so

EDIT: hey you notice the site now has links to several other "serious music"type promo sites, including...
The Producers!
http://www.theproducerscastrecording.com/
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

ironbaden wrote:Don't know if you've tried this but make sure there is a check mark in the mixer section of the volume properties and open up a recording program such as sound forge or cakewalk.....you should be able to record internally....it's worked for me...then just save file as wave or whatever....
Any chance of you emailing those tracks to me at webmaster at neptune pink floyd dot co dot uk?
Salmonberry Compendia
Blade
Blade

Post by Salmonberry Compendia »

J Ed wrote:its streaming audio?
Go to start-find-files or folders
Search for *.swf in C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\ (or wherever your temp internet files folder is, it'll be different for different operating sytems)
Let the song load then click the 'modified' tab to sort them into date order and the flash file containing the song will be the most recent one. Then just copy the file to another folder. Then just open the file in your browser whenever you wanna hear the song.
Salmonberry Compendia
Blade
Blade

Post by Salmonberry Compendia »

Keith Jordan wrote:Any chance of you emailing those tracks to me at webmaster at neptune pink floyd dot co dot uk?
I've just ripped the mp3's out of the flash files with a flash decompiler. That's a better way than re-recording them. I'll upload them to yousendit them pm you the link.
EDIT: PM sent. You might as well put the yousendit link in here after you've downloaded so others can take advantage of the approx 35 downloads that yousendit offers.
EDIT2: He's downloaded them now, so here's the link for anyone else who wants it.
http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=38HB ... 2AP9FF9QBA
hal9k1
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hal9k1 »

Also, as a side note the entire album is also streaming from amazon.com of you pre-order the SACD.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

"deluxe 60 page four-color booklet"

Only four colours or what? :) :?:
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Keith Jordan wrote:
ironbaden wrote:Don't know if you've tried this but make sure there is a check mark in the mixer section of the volume properties and open up a recording program such as sound forge or cakewalk.....you should be able to record internally....it's worked for me...then just save file as wave or whatever....
Any chance of you emailing those tracks to me at webmaster at neptune pink floyd dot co dot uk?
I haven't done it for these specific tracks but for streaming audio in general ..
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It sounds great!! One song has elements of ANBITW P2 in it!! lol
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am right in thinking the SACD will play in regular CD players too? But just not play the SACD layer?
hal9k1
Embryo
Embryo

SACD

Post by hal9k1 »

Keith you are correct. HYBRID SACD will play in a standard redbook cd player, it will play the redbook (standard) part and not even see the SACD layer. Just like the SACD re-issue of DSotM.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I haven't had a chance to really sit down and listen to the tracks, but I am intrigued by my cursory listen - I thought I heard string arrangements like on the wall and f cut - I'm definately buying the deluxe sacd with dvd everything thing!!! This may not be an easy album to like, given my pop sensibilities, BUT, this is more like what I've wanted from PF or a PF solo album...something that strays and surprises...something like musicfromthebody, which I like quite a bit!