Embarrassing Question #4: Songs of Your Fathers

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Neil

Post by Neil »

SydsMadcapGirl wrote:
Not Now Neil wrote: That's lucky SydsmadcapGirl.. My mom was into Abba #-o and David Essex #-o
I am sooooooo sorry.
Cheers - I still have to leave pubs when 'Dancing Queen' or 'Voulez vouz' comes on the jukebox! Either that or hide in the toilet til it's over..
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Not Now Neil sounds like you need to carry a set of earplugs in your pocket.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Good idea Flashback - I could use them when talking to the girlfriend too! :lol:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Nit Now Neil,I don't need them when the wife is talking to me & I don't want to listen,I just turn my brain off.If you ever get married you'll learn how.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Marrige! No no no no (shudder!!) :lol:
Please no [-o< (Good excuse to use that face!)
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Late 50's Bongo! Bongos! Bongos! on Command Records that had really stupid instrumental music much utilizing the new "stereo effect" :roll:
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Not Now Neil, I just want to say thanks. That stupid "Voulez Vous" song was in my head till I went to bed, and I must've dreamt about it because I woke up with it still in my head. AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Again, in need of a sticking-out-tongue emoticon! ;)
Neil

Post by Neil »

SydsMadcapGirl wrote:Not Now Neil, I just want to say thanks. That stupid "Voulez Vous" song was in my head till I went to bed, and I must've dreamt about it because I woke up with it still in my head. AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Again, in need of a sticking-out-tongue emoticon! ;)
Oops - sorry about that!! :oops:

It could have been worse though - it could have been 'Super Trooper' :lol: Oh - I hope I haven't done it again!
Big Kelv
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Big Kelv »

Both of my parents brainwashed me with Meddle and all later PF until TFC.

They went through a bad phase of Meat Loaf (even seeing him live on the Deadringer tour) :(
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

What you might call "Classic Country" music...Oooooooooold (even in the seventies) music by guys with names like Webb Pierce, George Jones, Donna Fargo, Tammy Wynette, Hank Williams SENIOR...I think you guys get the picture. The kind of music that from the first note, the entire song screams "I'M A HICK!!!!!"
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Mosespa,me to,my dad had every tear-in-your-beer song out there(I'm talking from the 40s-70s).That shit can drive a person crazy if you listen to it everyday.
jizhomer
Blade
Blade

Post by jizhomer »

My mum was listening to Nana Mouskouri (who I have no recollection of, I just remember it was AWFUL) and Abba :( , while my dad was listening to Queen and The Who. Can't stand Queen now, but I love Brian May's guitarin' :-({|=
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I'm not afraid to admit i love ABBA,they have one of they greatest song writing teams ever,up there alongside Lennon and McCartney,Waters and Gilmour!!!
they have more sing along songs than the floyd ever made,and even those people who say they don't like ABBA know the words.