Atmosphere

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Neil

Atmosphere

Post by Neil »

It occurred to me when I saw McCartney recently that the atmosphere at the Roger Waters concert I saw last year was just the ultimate ever!!

The trouble is when I went to see Floyd in '94 there was lots of people there who went just because it was Pink Floyd. Just like there was loads of people seeing McCartney just becuase he's an ex-Beatle and it may be their last chance to see one. Every person at a Roger Waters concert is a die-hard Floyd fan! Because in order to have heard of Roger Waters you've got to know a fair amount about Floyd..

So if Roger went on the road with Dave and Co again he'd probably notice less people singing along to the songs! Well maybe I'm wrong - but that's how I see it :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I must admit, I saw McCartney at MEN Arena last week and that show was better than the Roger Waters show I saw in 2002 at Birmingham, England. Better in terms of entertainment and the awe of it all. I think there are other criteria to judge by though which makes Roger my preference but If I was offered front row tickets for both shows, I would really have to think as to which show I would go to. Probably Roger Waters though. [-D-]
Neil

Post by Neil »

Was it me Keith, or was the pre-show entertainment definately 'Floydish' !!?? The bloke walking around with the umbrella was most Storm Thorgerson !! :wink:

Maccas concert was certianly more spectacular than Rogers - video screens everywhere etc..
Like you I would sooner go and see Roger though cause I like the Floyd more then the Beatles \:D/
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

What a treat Maccas show was indeed. The pre-show entertainment was excellent! I really enjoyed it. Roger had a projector screen and some pretty lights too!! :-) But nothing on the scale of Macca. I think the stage set added a lot to the performa=nce. How important to be think stage sets are? I feel a new thread coming on....

This thread is continued here.....

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/for/v ... highlight=