no
34%

Total votes: 35

Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

what if roger toured with pink floyd one more time

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

i know how unlikely it is.....but say Pink Floyd with Roger Waters decided to do one last concert for charity...and decided to charge a giant amount of £300 per ticket....would you buy a ticket?

If so...and anyone that knows david, roger, nick or rick is reading...then be sure to let them know what the floydians think of the idea of a charity concert and how much money would be raised and donated :lol:
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

*IF* it were to happen, I would buy the video instead. You know there'd be a video somewhere.

At 300 pounds (I'm guessing this would be...$500 or so?), double that because my husband would have to go too, and I/we would be in need of that charity. :-({|= :(
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

i would be there in a second, i have plenty of money to waste sadly enough
jizhomer
Blade
Blade

Post by jizhomer »

Although I'm not that wealthy, I would gladly give up £300 of my money to see my favourite band, reunited for another gig.

Unfortunately I missed Earl's Court in 94' so I have never seen Pink Floyd perform in front of me, with my own eyes and ears. I fear now that I've missed my chance... :( :(
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Me too. To be perfectly honest it depresses the hell out of me... :roll: But at least I've seen Paul McCartney. :wink:
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

I can't be sure until it happens, but I would strongly consider it. I generally don't enjoy concerts like other people, I prefer the studio versions. But PF is one of the few (hah! i made a funny) bands who actually improve upon their tunes when they play them live. So many bands today just change them for one reason or another, and the changes IMO are usually for the worse.
Neil

Post by Neil »

If Floyd toured again without Roger, I'd only pay a standard ticket price. If they toured with Roger I would pay up to £300 - no problem.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I would tell them to stick it!! No way I would pay £300 for a ticket to watch some old men do their stuff on the stage!! I am lying of course. I would be there is a flash!! \:D/
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

I've seen the Roger Floyd enough that i would not shell out that much. I am with Mother in that I would be buying a ticket for my wife and would end up in the poorhouse. My wife has never seen David Crosby. she had me pay $60 each for front row seats. I believe that to be a ripoff. I bought the tix because she wanted them so bad(and, of course, she makes all the money :lol: ). I would also end up in the poorhouse (I should say the poorerhouse as I am already in the poorhouse :-({|= )

They should do it for the fans and make sure that we all get a chance to see them at a reasonable rate. Next time you speak with the boys, tell them that for me. :D
Last edited by grateful pink on Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Tommy wrote:i would be there in a second, i have plenty of money to waste sadly enough
Please send me some. PM me and I will give you my address :lol:
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

grateful pink wrote:
Tommy wrote:i would be there in a second, i have plenty of money to waste sadly enough
Please send me some. PM me and I will give you my address :lol:
:lol: I was going to ask him the same thing!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am convinced that Tommy should "sponsor" this forum by sending me a lot of money!! :lol:
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Hmm...........Floyd, new lawn mower............Floyd, new garage door, Floyd, insulate my attic.................Hmm.........

Floyd
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

There's no way they would ever tour long enough for everyone that wanted to see them to get a chance.If they did say the 2004 tour would last for 4years or something.I would love to see them though & they are 1 of the very limited few I would pay alot to see.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I voted yeah, but if i was older and therefore had to pay bills i may vote for no.

Tommy, how you got a lot of money? I got a weekend job and i'm at school during the weeks yet i'm always brassic.