That sounds a bit like Pink Floyd!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

That sounds a bit like Pink Floyd!

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

a few weeks back i mentioned how i thought that One of These Days, and Sheep sounds very much like they had ripped off the theme to Dr Who.
Some replies quite intresting said how they thought that certain songs sounded like they had ripped off Floyd.....
Has anyone else thought of tunes that sound like they may have ripped off Floyd classics?
i found a song by Soundtrack of Our Lives called "In Someone Elses Mind" it sounds a bit like the start of Brain Damage.
Another one i had thought of was 1 giant leap feat Robbie Williams and Maxi Jazz..."My Culture" i think it totally sound like it is ripping of "Breathe"
Anymore out there???
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Other way round this time, but Echoes bears some resmbelence (in melody) to Across The Universe by The Beatles (especially the last verse.)

Also Down By The River by Neil Young has a riff very similar to Any Colour You Like.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

'Take your Time' by Spiritualized sounds to me a lot like 'Set The Controls...'
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Supergrass's 'Late in the Day' from their 'In it for the money' album sounds like 'Dogs' in places.
Gideon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Gideon »

I am listening to "Is There Anybody Out There" (The Wall live) and the song Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2 sounds just like Santana...
[email protected]
Embryo
Embryo

Post by [email protected] »

Much of Coldplay's stuff has strong overtones of floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

[email protected] wrote:Much of Coldplay's stuff has strong overtones of floyd.
I can certainly hear the influence in parts. I really like Coldplay. Went to see them last week and they were not bad at all.
[email protected]
Embryo
Embryo

Post by [email protected] »

Listen to "A Whisper" track 9 on Coldplay; "Rush of blood to the head"
And sing along to into; "Babbling and bleating they fell on his neck with a scream" From Pink Floyd's Animals.

Its a great track (both )
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

Air - Radio #1 sounds like Astrominy Dominie & the backing to Kelly watch the stars is straight off DSOM (think the intro to time but I'd have to hear it again to be sure)

I heard a session/mix by sombody called Phosphene on Radio Wales back in January that sounded like Echoes period FLoyd doing the soundtrack to a Tom Baker Doctor Who :shock: - also found an mp3 instrimental by him/them that was similar to echoes & SOYCD
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

The Cheeky Girls' new one 'Take Your Shoes Off' sounds eerily similar to 'Interstellar overdrive'.
Neil

Post by Neil »

A few songs by Blur remind me of Floyd.. Most especialy 'Pressure on Julian' which sounds very Syd Barret like! It kind of sounds a bit like 'See Emily Play' !
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Hey... Echoes and Phantom of the Opera main theme. First listen to Phantom of the Opera, then Echoes. I forget the exact time but its a repeating tune in Echoes. Its a dead on once you hear it.
eternalechoes
Axe
Axe

Post by eternalechoes »

meddler wrote:Hey... Echoes and Phantom of the Opera main theme. First listen to Phantom of the Opera, then Echoes. I forget the exact time but its a repeating tune in Echoes. Its a dead on once you hear it.
Reason why Roger hates Andrew Lloyd Webber. :roll: I seriously doubt it was intentional, it's a common progression. However, i'm not sure if Andrew Lloyd Webber ever admitted or denied that he stole the riff.