OBSCURE RECORDINGS

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Fox-Mike wrote:They're not the same track, but they were on the same demo, allegedly.
I got my information from Pink Floyd through the eyes off... book but it's A-Z's always seemed a bit inaccurate

And to Rosm, try the Pink Floyd hyperbase, just enter that in google and it's the first site to come up (if anyone else has a link then that would be better) and it should have the answer to most of your questions
dypa
Axe
Axe

Post by dypa »

stevenpenny wrote: Does anyone know of a difinitive PF discography that includes all the unreleased material?
yeah, i am looking for something like this too.

oh, and by the way, sorry, i don't want to write a new thread so i will post a question here.

are these songs released, and could you give some information please, if you know something about the songs? :)

The Massed Gadgets Of Hercules
Baby Blue Shuffle In D Major
Daybreak
Merry Xmas Song

or aren't they pink floyd-songs?
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Massed Gadgets Of Hercules - title given to A Saucerful Of Secrets on the BBC session spring 1968.

Baby Blue Shuffle In D Major - title given to early version of that kind of instrumental jam used in The Narrow Way Part 1 and also partially in Country Song (from Zabriskie Point expanded soundtrack) on BBC session late 1968.

Daybreak - title given to Grantchester Meadows during The Man/The Journey suite concerts in 1969.

Merry Xmas Song - mystery song, I've heard it's Nick Mason appearing on a Robert Wyatt 1974 Christmas single or a fun song made by Pink Floyd in the 70s.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

dypa wrote:
stevenpenny wrote: Does anyone know of a difinitive PF discography that includes all the unreleased material?

are these songs released, and could you give some information please, if you know something about the songs? :)

The Massed Gadgets Of Hercules
Baby Blue Shuffle In D Major
Daybreak
Merry Xmas Song

or aren't they pink floyd-songs?

"The Massed..." 6?39 broadcast on BBCs Top Gear 28/6/68
"Baby Blue..." 4?01 broadcast on BBCs Top Gear 14/01/69
"Daybreak" 3?37 broadcast on BBCs Top Gear 12/5/69
"Merry Xmas..." 2?06 bonus (?) studiotrack.Approx. 1969

Yep, the massed sounds Saucerful and is i presume :smt026
baby blue is exactly shuffle in d major and nothing else :smt035
daybreak is grantchester meadows :smt051
merry xmas is a simple ( funny ) greeting to fans with pianotune and gagging... :smt114

hope this helps a little

peace
zag
dypa
Axe
Axe

Post by dypa »

ok, thanks :)
by the way, it was in a CD called "All Movement Is Accomplished The 60's Rarities" if you are interested hehe(but i don't think so)

edit: i wonder where you get these informations from. couldn't find anything on LaughingMadcaps(i'm signed up there as a member now btw)
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Thanx rollinder. A whole new side of neptune opened up for me....
I'll read all of the news (and other instructions to download...) and I'll become a wiser man...
emiemi2375
Knife
Knife

Post by emiemi2375 »

um i suppose this would be under obscure recordings. being a pf fan and a guitarist i'm desperately in need of some joker's wild. I'd never heard of them untill flicking through my "Record Collector Rare record price guide" i saw the name, two items (500 copies of the album and 50 copies of the single) both worth 1,000 pounds. It said beneath it "See also Pete Gilmour, Pink FLoyd" Does anyone have a recording of that or no where i can listen to some of their stuff? thanks.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

I have the Jokers Wild stuff on the multi disc (14 I think) tree Treeful Of Secrets. I can tell you that I listened to in once and was not that impressed.
emiemi2375
Knife
Knife

Post by emiemi2375 »

still can you let me listen to it (either post a copied cd or show me a download site etc?) thanks