Roger's Video about David Not Sharing

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Should Roger Waters be allowed to publicise himself on the Pink Floyd website and social media?

Yes
72%
No
19%
Don't know
8%

Total votes: 36

space triangle
Knife
Knife

Re: Roger's Video about David Not Sharing

Post by space triangle »

When Roger Waters left the band he declared the band was finished, calling it “A spent force“. But now, he want to be a part of the 'A spent force's' digital and social-media world. Ehh....Rog. 8)

space triangle
Knife
Knife

Post by space triangle »

Any news here? Did David give any public comment on all that Roger said? Is Roger still a banned man? 8)

Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

space triangle wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:51 pm
Any news here? Did David give any public comment on all that Roger said? Is Roger still a banned man? 8)
Perhaps ignoring Roger's video is an appropriate response in itself.

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

space triangle wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:51 pm
The Von Trapped was, perhaps coincidentally, cancelled last week. I think they were recording something for the BBC though, Front Row from memory. I think Roger only said his nasty stuff to get publicity ahead of the announcement for Us+Them.

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/roge ... ng-and-dvd

space triangle
Knife
Knife

Post by space triangle »

I wouldn’t be surprised if Roger starts making his own family videos under the title the Von Banned. :lol:

PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Keith Jordan wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:24 pm
The Von Trapped was, perhaps coincidentally, cancelled last week. I think they were recording something for the BBC though, Front Row from memory.
And they are getting ready for their Hay Festival gig, to promote 'Theatre For Dreamers':
https://www.hayfestival.com/p-16824-pol ... lmour.aspx

I guess the Von Trapped stuff has at least in part been rehearsal for that.

Hadrian
Knife
Knife

Post by Hadrian »

Roger Waters should not be allowed on the official Pink Floyd social media channels and websites, since he left the band in December 1985, almost 35 years ago. It is just David and Nick now.

That said, those channels and websites should not be used to promote Polly Samson's works either.

Kerry King
Knife
Knife

Post by Kerry King »

Waters insulted Gilmour's wife in public, did he not? It's so petty. It's what Pete Townsend would call an eminence front.

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have never really thought about it but does Roger still receive royalties for this work with Pink Floyd? If so, then he should have full access to the website and social media as it is part of the publicising machine of his intellectual property. :)

Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Keith Jordan wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:13 am
I have never really thought about it but does Roger still receive royalties for this work with Pink Floyd? If so, then he should have full access to the website and social media as it is part of the publicising machine of his intellectual property. :)
I'm not sure I agree with that. Dave will receive royalties for his songwriting contributions to (e.g.) The Wall for Rog's releases. I don't think that means that Dave should have access to Roger's website.

space triangle
Knife
Knife

Post by space triangle »

I would solve this problem by compromise. I would allow posting articles/videos/songs on the official Pink Floyd page which includes Roger Waters. But, only a things from the 1965/1966 until to the December 1, 1985, when he left the group. After that date,... nothing! 8)