Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
13
9%
4
29
21%
3
39
28%
2
27
20%
1- Worst
30
22%
 
Total votes: 138

User avatar
JackRegan
Knife
Knife
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Flying Squad, a branch of the Metropolitan Police

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by JackRegan »

danielcaux wrote: No, quite the opposite. The Wall shows were all about concept, not spectacle. The music and the theatrics worked in tandem to tell a story and make an artistic point.

The AMLoR shows were designed just to entertain the masses, and get rich at it.
:-;
grelch
Knife
Knife
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:02 pm

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by grelch »

Stone me, beat me, egg me, curse the day I was born, spit in my face, call me a heretic..... I like AMLOR (except for Dogs of War). Sorry.
User avatar
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Posts: 8364
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:55 pm
Location: travelling by telephone

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by Damn!t »

You FOOL! :lol:
User avatar
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:25 am
Location: Abya Yala

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by danielcaux »

The only good thing about AMLOR, apart from the album cover, is the production, the songs themselves are bloody awful!

But that's just me.
User avatar
JackRegan
Knife
Knife
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Flying Squad, a branch of the Metropolitan Police

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by JackRegan »

danielcaux wrote: But that's just me.
Believe me, i know...i know....
User avatar
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Posts: 8262
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:33 pm
Location: Vortex spiral...its cool!

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by nosaj »

danielcaux wrote:The only good thing about AMLOR, apart from the album cover, is the production, the songs themselves are bloody awful!

But that's just me.
And me!
User avatar
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!
Posts: 3354
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:55 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by jtull »

danielcaux wrote:..is the production
I must disagree! The produktion of AMLOR is really bad. So lifeless and dull.
User avatar
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:25 am
Location: Abya Yala

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by danielcaux »

If bad means "it doesn't sound anything at all like classic Floyd" then yes; but I do enjoyed all those funny synthesizers and canned drum sounds behind Gilmour's hack-floyd guitar solos (and Levin's Chapman Stick in One Slip). Wish they had hired better songwriters though, so they had been able to create a good album with those sounds.

Still, as it is, the album serves as my personal time machine, the rare ocassion when I listen to it I feel like I'm in some low quality 80s b-movie, like Luc Besson's Subway ...or Top Gun!
User avatar
JackRegan
Knife
Knife
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Flying Squad, a branch of the Metropolitan Police

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by JackRegan »

danielcaux wrote:Gilmour's hack-floyd guitar solos
Emmmm....and i'm troll....
User avatar
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!
Posts: 3904
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:58 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

JackRegan wrote: Same old Roger Waters song over and over again...
JackRegan wrote:Waters fans ain't whole Pink Floyd world.
JackRegan wrote: every Waters and his solo album is full of crap.
JackRegan wrote: Roger Waters is full of it
JackRegan wrote: i ain't no tight arse as some of the Waters fans are.
JackRegan wrote:Waters is too serious (as always). No wonder that his fans are like him too.
JackRegan wrote: I see that Roger Water fans are really sensitive aholes.
JackRegan wrote:EDITED BY ADMIN - Troll. Second warning.
JackRegan wrote:EDITED BY ADMIN - Stop the Waters bashing. Warning issued.
User avatar
JackRegan
Knife
Knife
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Flying Squad, a branch of the Metropolitan Police

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by JackRegan »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:
JackRegan wrote: Same old Roger Waters song over and over again...
JackRegan wrote:Waters fans ain't whole Pink Floyd world.
JackRegan wrote: every Waters and his solo album is full of crap.
JackRegan wrote: Roger Waters is full of it
JackRegan wrote: i ain't no tight arse as some of the Waters fans are.
JackRegan wrote:Waters is too serious (as always). No wonder that his fans are like him too.
JackRegan wrote: I see that Roger Water fans are really sensitive aholes.
JackRegan wrote:EDITED BY ADMIN - Troll. Second warning.
JackRegan wrote:EDITED BY ADMIN - Stop the Waters bashing. Warning issued.
:-({|=
User avatar
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 16816
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:54 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Cheshire, England

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by Keith Jordan »

Interesting you would repor danielcaux's post, JackRegan. People can disagree and say negative things about albums they do not like. But when you say something so often, it becomes the behaviour of a troll. Hence I am going to ban your account for 3 months because your troll behaviour has gone too far now. Cherrio.
User avatar
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Posts: 8364
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:55 pm
Location: travelling by telephone

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by Damn!t »

What God wants God gets God helped us all.
User avatar
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4296
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:53 am
Location: Krud City

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by drafsack »

This album is Floyd by numbers - work out what people think a floyd song should sound like - ie souring guitars solos, swelling organs (no puns please), femail backing vocals etc and put the pieces together and you get a Floyd album. I do like bit of the album - learning to fly, Terminal Frost and Sorrow but the rest is filler and 'Dogs of war' and 'on the turning away' are my most hated Floyd tracks of all time.
User avatar
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!
Posts: 2039
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: here now

Re: Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by Idisaffect »

Of all the discography threads, it's interesting that this one has the most replies. According to the polls on this forum it is the worst pink floyd album of all time. In fact, the five most popular discography threads are all for albums which tend to polarize.....

AMLOR
Animals
Division Bell
Pros and Cons
The Wall in Berlin

Amused To Death is 6th and I'm surprised TFC is not number one.

Is it surprising that 5 of the 6 most talked about albums are from the "broken pink floyd" decade, 1984-1994?