What A Shame Mary Jane - The Beatles DOWNLOAD

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

What A Shame Mary Jane - The Beatles DOWNLOAD

Post by Keith Jordan »

Anybody heard this and how scary is it?? lol :lol:

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/audio ... ryJane.mp3 (3.68MB)
Last edited by Keith Jordan on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Isn't Mary Jane some sort of American slang for weed ???
woof
Knife
Knife

Post by woof »

where the hell has this song come from, what era, was it supposed to be on an album, what album is it on. i loikes it a lot groovy-very syd barrettish, in fact a lot like SyD it's untrue...need to rewind it and listen to it again...thankies keith for the find...i love the Beatles but this is mindblowingly colours emitting from the speakers pysche. top stuff! :D :shock: :roll: :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I got the song from HYGIY? 19.... here are the track notes.....

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/hygiy/

Track 10: The Beatles ? ?What?s The New Mary Jane?
This White Album outtake (featuring John, George and Yoko) was a staple of pre-Anthology Beatle bootlegs; I own at least three mixes of it but used none of them here. The very track that launched the hoax was sent in by Christer Undemo of Stockholm, Sweden, who writes:

?Trying to make THE END of a very very long story about Beatles/Barrett, ?What?s the Shame Mary Jane.? I?m responsible for it.

?I bought a Beatles bootleg for a friend and Unforgotten Hero for me, way back in 1980-1982. After listening to Unforgotten Hero, we played the Beatles bootleg. I thought the singing on the second verse did sound very strange and not by John. So I said to my friend, who could this be, I said could it be Syd? We had seen in the Miles book that they did write about a meeting on April 15, 1967. But we couldn?t decide who was singing. So I sent this song to two friends, one in Germany and one in USA, and asked them, could this be Syd? One said no I don't think so, the other one couldn't say, like us.

?Then one of these two must have sent it to someone else. I didn't send it to anyone else, as I didn't think it actually was Barrett singing. Then suddenly I saw it on tape lists as ?Barrett w/Beatles 67-04-15.? I have gotten it several times as filler on tapes and it has always been the same version as the one I got from the Beatles bootleg. They have even played it on Swedish national radio as Barrett w/Beatles. That?s the story of how it ?was born.??
Avani
Knife
Knife

Post by Avani »

Great, recorded on my birthday. 21 years earlier, but who cares. ;)
shesahellion
Knife
Knife

Post by shesahellion »

doesn't it sound like it should be at the end of piper at the gates of dawn?
it's great! :smt025