Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets Tour 2022

Discuss Nick Mason, Drumming, Cars, Saucerful of Secrets touring band and more!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets Tour 2022

Post by Keith Jordan »

Can't wait to see them this coming Friday in Manchester. <ii>
Hadrian
Knife
Knife

Post by Hadrian »

Hi folks,

I am trying to figure out what is the brand new previously unplayed material on the 2022 Echoes tour.

I consulted setlist wiki, and at the moment of writing (18 shows played), it seems there are only 3 new additions:

1. Candy and a Currant Bun (1967)
2. Echoes (1971)
3. Burning Bridges (1972)

("Mudmen" was also reported but that is an instrumental take on "Burning Bridges" with a guitar solo, placed on a different spot on the soundtrack album, similar to the earlier occurrence of "Main Theme" and "Dramatic Theme" from More, being essentially the same music).

Is that really it? I was hoping there would be more. There is certainly enough material from the 1967-1972 era to have an entirely brand new setlist with this tour. I thought there would be enough for at least an LP worth of previously unreleased material for another live release, but at the moment that is not the case.

Am I missing anything here?

p.s.
I will see them live in November, at the very end of the tour, tickets secured long time ago.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Great show in Manchester tonight. 8)
dj865
Axe
Axe

Post by dj865 »

Hadrian wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:07 pm Hi folks,

I am trying to figure out what is the brand new previously unplayed material on the 2022 Echoes tour.

I consulted setlist wiki, and at the moment of writing (18 shows played), it seems there are only 3 new additions:

1. Candy and a Currant Bun (1967)
2. Echoes (1971)
3. Burning Bridges (1972)

("Mudmen" was also reported but that is an instrumental take on "Burning Bridges" with a guitar solo, placed on a different spot on the soundtrack album, similar to the earlier occurrence of "Main Theme" and "Dramatic Theme" from More, being essentially the same music).

Is that really it? I was hoping there would be more. There is certainly enough material from the 1967-1972 era to have an entirely brand new setlist with this tour. I thought there would be enough for at least an LP worth of previously unreleased material for another live release, but at the moment that is not the case.

Am I missing anything here?
I was at Newcastle on Tuesday (amazing show) and they also played Remember a day and also Childhoods End. Don't think these were played in 2018 (I was at Glasgow gig that year)
Hadrian
Knife
Knife

Post by Hadrian »

Both are on the live album, so they were probably added later on during the 2018-19 run. Hopefully they will add more things this time as well, as the tour continues.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »