‘Have You Got It Yet?’ Brilliant, Troubled Pink Floyd Co-Founder Syd Barrett Focus Of New Documentary

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
KwQ
Embryo
Embryo

‘Have You Got It Yet?’ Brilliant, Troubled Pink Floyd Co-Founder Syd Barrett Focus Of New Documentary

Post by KwQ »

Check this out guys:
Have You Got It Yet? was directed by award-winning filmmaker Roddy Bogawa and the late graphic designer Storm Thorgerson, co-founder of the firm Hipgnosis that created some of the most famed rock album covers of all time, including Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here. Thorgerson had known Barrett going back to the 1960s.

“The film was completed by Bogawa with StormStudios photographer Rupert Truman and producer Julius Beltrame after Storm’s untimely death in 2013,” the release noted. “Producer Orian Williams… came on the project while still in production.”

The documentary, produced by Believe Media and A Cat Called Rover, features fresh interviews with Pink Floyd band members David Gilmour (Barrett’s childhood friend who joined Pink Floyd in 1967 and essentially filled the void left by Barrett), Nick Mason and Roger Waters, as well as Barrett’s sister Rosemary Breen, Pink Floyd managers Peter Jenner and Andrew King, The Who’s Pete Townshend, Blur’s Graham Coxon, and Andrew VanWyngarden of MGMT, playwright Tom Stoppard, and others. Actor Jason Isaacs narrates the film. The film’s soundtrack includes over 50 Pink Floyd and Syd Barrett music tracks.
https://deadline.com/2022/10/have-you-g ... x9htUuThFE
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ‘Have You Got It Yet?’ Brilliant, Troubled Pink Floyd Co-Founder Syd Barrett Focus Of New Documentary

Post by drafsack »

There has been talk of a 'Storm' Syd documentary for some time now - it will be good to finally see it
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: ‘Have You Got It Yet?’ Brilliant, Troubled Pink Floyd Co-Founder Syd Barrett Focus Of New Documentary

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Pink Floyd really didn't do a Let It Be type intensive filming while recording. Unless what was used got released for Pompeii re-releases.
There's absolutely no way you'd see this happen but imagine a Peter Jackson style documentary film on Pink Floyd.
Forget it! The amount of red tape and editorial approval would never be agreed on between bands. Especially at current tensions.
But I wish our descendants living underwater the best enjoyment of a forensic documentary about Pink Floyd.
I'll probably see this somehow.
Did anyone catch that King Crimson documentary? What's that like? Still haven't saw Bowie documentary yet.
Neil
Axe
Axe

Post by Neil »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:30 pm Pink Floyd really didn't do a Let It Be type intensive filming while recording. Unless what was used got released for Pompeii re-releases.
There's absolutely no way you'd see this happen but imagine a Peter Jackson style documentary film on Pink Floyd.
Forget it! The amount of red tape and editorial approval would never be agreed on between bands. Especially at current tensions.
But I wish our descendants living underwater the best enjoyment of a forensic documentary about Pink Floyd.
I'll probably see this somehow.
Did anyone catch that King Crimson documentary? What's that like? Still haven't saw Bowie documentary yet.
I’m surprised no-one has tried to make a film about the band, and the Barrett era in particular, a la Bohemian Rhapsody.
KwQ
Embryo
Embryo

Post by KwQ »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Syd Barrett Documentary Preview in London April 2023

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/syd- ... april-2023

mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Neil wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:53 am I’m surprised no-one has tried to make a film about the band, and the Barrett era in particular, a la Bohemian Rhapsody.
Some 30-odd years ago, a friend was telling me about his idea for the trailer for such a thing. He described the scenes that would be shown and then when the title was shown at the end, it would simply be the word "Floyd," but colored pink.

Floyd

I rather liked the idea. I've got two of the band cast, even...I could totally see Adam Driver playing Waters and Tom Payne as Gilmour.

Someone needs to get on that.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing it. However and whenever I can see it.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Following the Preview of Have You Got It Yet The Story of Syd Barrett & Pink Floyd in London tomorrow (27th April 2023) we are please to announce that you will be able to watch the documentary film in a selection of Everyman cinemas in the UK from 15th May 2023.

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/syd- ... m-15th-may
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Looks rather good shame its not showing near me but the HD footage looks awesome and i hope we get too see some rare unseen archive footage & performances
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Just booked my sofa to watch the Syd > https://www.everymancinema.com/film-lis ... pink-floyd
Ashes andDiamonds07
Blade
Blade

Post by Ashes andDiamonds07 »

Definitely gotta watch it. Can't be as good as the Pink Floyd and Syd Barrett Story... or can it?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Good luck anyone going to see it!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I saw it. Really well put together and some new things shown.