Rock Legends Record Pink Floyd’s Animals Album in its Entirety in Animals Reimagined
Following the wildly successful Still Wish You Were Here project released earlier this year, another gathering of classic, prog and art rock superstars have come together to recreate and reimagine Pink Floyd’s ambitious 1977 concept album, Animals!
Fusing the white-hot guitar work of Floyd guitarist David Gilmour with the stone-cold cynicism of Roger Water’s lyrics, Animals is widely hailed by die-hard Floyd fans as one of the group’s most highly conceptual and uncompromising albums of their career, and certainly set the template for the commercial breakthrough that would come two years later with 1979’s The Wall.
Now, some of the most veteran players and singers on the planet including jazz-rock guitar legend Al Di Meola, psych-rock godfather Arthur Brown, drum master Billy Cobham, UFO’s Vinnie Moore, Bauhaus’s David J, Dream Theater’s James LaBrie, and so many more come to give their unique spins to this magnum opus.
Each track of this groundbreaking work has been completely reimagined with modern production flourishes and tasteful musical additions while staying true to the original album’s heady and subtly complex compositions.
Just listen to the new version of “Dogs,” a superb 17-minute suite sung by Rainbow’s Graham Bonnet with Vinnie Moore on guitar, Utopia’s Kasim Sulton on bass, Dream Theater’s Jordan Rudess on keyboards, and King Crimson drummer Pat Mastelotto.
Stream “Dogs”: https://orcd.co/graham_bonnet_vinnie_moore_dogs
Animals Reimagined – A Tribute To Pink Floyd is set for release on 19th November 2021 on both CD and digital with a vinyl version coming in 2022. The CD version comes in a deluxe 6-panel digipak with artwork created by the most successful digital artist working today, Mike “Beeple” Winkelmann, with cover art designed by James McCarthy. Look for the NFT charity auction of the front cover image later this year!
Album features performances by Al Di Meola, Albert Lee, Rick Wakeman, Martin Barre, Carmine Appice, Jordan Rudess, Billy Cobham, Jan Akkerman, and more!
Pre-order/pre-save the digital: https://orcd.co/animals_reimagined
Track Listing and Artisis
1. Pigs On A Wing 1 – Nick van Eede (Cutting Crew) & Martin Barre (Jethro Tull)
2. Dogs – Graham Bonnet (Rainbow), Vinnie Moore (UFO), Kasim Sulton (Utopia), Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater) & Pat Mastelotto (King Crimson)
3. Pigs (Three Different Ones) – James LaBrie (Dream Theater), Al Di Meola, Joe Bouchard (Blue Öyster Cult), Patrick Moraz (The Moody Blues) & Billy Cobham (Mahavishnu Orchestra)
4. Sheep – Arthur Brown, Rick Wakeman (Yes), Jan Akkerman (Focus), David J. (Bauhaus) & Carmine Appice (Cactus/Vanilla Fudge)
5. Pigs On A Wing 2 – Jon Davison (lead vocalist for Yes), Albert Lee & Billy Sherwood (Yes)